There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

First coyote hunt

When I was in about 7th grade I bought a 243. Savage for coyote hunting. I also bought a Fox pro to call them in. Adam and I went hunting one morning south of town. The first spot we set up nothing came in. We moved to the next spot and as soon as we turned the call on coyotes started howling at us. After about 1 minute the first coyote came into the open so we could get a good shot. He stopped at about 50 yards and presented a perfect shot. I shot him once and he started running so I shot him again so he would drop fast. I was so excited because I had finally killed a coyote. The coyote I killed was a big male with a really nice hide. I got the hide tanned and the head European mounted. I am glad I did that because now I have something to look at and remember the hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment