There was an error in this gadget

Friday, January 8, 2016

First Hunt

My grandpa got me started hunting and fishing at a young age. He helped me learn to shoot better and sit still for a longer amount of time. I started squirrel hunting with him and I realized how much fun it was. After I started squirrel hunting I wanted to try deer hunting. I went on my first deer hunt in fourth grade and I was instantly hooked. I was hunting with an old single shot 20 gauge. I had missed a small doe the first day of season. I was disappointed after the first day but I decided to go back out the second day and a four pointer walked out in front of me at about 30 yards. I started aiming at him and waited until he turned broadside and I took the shot. I was so excited to see that he dropped as soon as I shot him. I felt so accomplished after I shot him and everything I had worked for had finally paid off. I knew after I shot him that I would be hooked on hunting forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment