There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

First Bow Kill

I started shooting a bow when I was in 6th grade. I enjoyed shooting a bow because it is a lot of fun and you can do it easily in your back yard. When I first started bow hunting it was a lot more challenging than deer hunting with a shotgun. Instead of quitting I continued to try hard and get better. It took me one whole season of learning from my mistakes to finally kill a deer with my bow. After the first season of no success I was very disappointed. I went out one evening and went to a stand that I had been waiting to go for in he perfect weather conditions. About ten minutes before shooting time I saw some does headed my way on a trail. I knew if the deer stayed on the trial they would come right beside me at twenty yards. I was so nervous but I knew I had to stay calm if I wanted to kill the deer. It started to get really dark then she finally stepped out in an opening. Before I shot I tried to calm my self down so I could make a good shot. After I shot I could tell that I had finally made a good shot and I had so much adrenalin built up. I waited on Morrie to get to the stand so we could start tracking her. It didn't take long for us to find her and I was so excited that I had finally killed a deer with my bow. When I look back on it I realized that it isn't all about killing one it is more about learning from your mistakes and becoming a better more successful hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment